Self Reflection Paper: Your Complete Guide
Firstly, in order to write a self-reflection paper qualitatively, you need to understand what is meant by the word “self-reflection.” From both a psychological and a sociological point of view, self-reflection is the ability to be conscious of your thoughts, an analysis of your own experience: impressions, deeds, past events. This phenomenon means to understand your thoughts and feelings most accurately.
During writing a self-reflection paper, you should behave as if from the outside, perceiving yourself through the eyes of the surrounding people, and carry out self-examination of yourself as a person. And how to write a self-reflection essay about yourself in the best way — you can learn by reading the information below.
What Is a Self-Reflection Paper — Purpose and Requirements
It often happens that most people simply just do not know the exact answer to the question "what is a self-reflection paper?", but they still write something. That is a huge mistake, so let's clarify the meaning.
A self-reflection paper is a type of academic writing that belongs to the problematic nature. That is, the focus is on a particular problem, the personal attitude to which you must describe as clearly as possible. The primary purpose of the work is to present your own thoughts on a particular issue or problem and present possible ways of finding the answers.
Writing a self-reflection paper teaches you to understand your personal position and to formulate your own views on the matter. Moreover, by dint of this assignment, you can express your opinion and suggestions about specific aspects related to studying.
How to Start a Self-Reflection Paper: Introduction Tips
Undoubtedly, before writing you should consider how to start a self-reflection paper. The main task facing you is to answer the following questions mentally:
- What memories do I have when I read the subject?
- What is my personal attitude to this subject?
- What life-events clearly demonstrate my attitude to the problem?
- How do I see a solution to a problem?
Do not be surprised — it takes a lot of time to think about these issues. But at the same time, the deeper you plunge into the proposed topic — the better the result you will get. Here it is important to mentally scroll through all the related events in your head and formulate a personal point of view.
It is important to remember! All that you describe in a self-reflection paper has to be exclusively personal, namely to contain sentences with the following patterns: «It seems to me that…», «I believe that…», «I consider his / her behavior as …», «If I were in his / her place I would have done..» , etc.
Top 5 Self Reflection Paper Ideas That Actually Work
There are different types of self-reflection essay, each of which relates to a particular subject or situation. In the list below, you will find the most common types, as well as the best self-reflection paper ideas to push you to write essays more easily:
- Topics related to you:
- What did you like in your childhood? Have you been an active child or not?
- Do you have a dream? Why is it important to you?
- Do you remember the moment when you were most proud of yourself?
- Have there been such critical events in your life that have become a real challenge for you?
- How important is your family?
- What is the school for you? How do you feel among classmates?
- How did you first fall in love?
- Is there a person in your life who has changed your life?
- Have you ever moved to another place? How was it?
- Have you ever had a moment that radically changed your whole life?
- Was there something you did not like from the first glance, but then it turned out to be different?
- What was your best party with your friends?
- When did you travel for the first time and where?
- Your favorite place, where you feel in harmony.
- Has your room changed since childhood?
- How do you prefer to spend your morning?
- What is the maximum duration of insomnia that happens to you and why?
- Describe the best or worst day of your life.
Self Reflection Paper Outline and All Details about It
You need to organize a sequence of what you will tell. Remember, a self-reflection paper has a specific structure, so make up the plan for the future work. Follow this self-reflection paper outline:
- Introduction (2 — 3 sentences) The first sentence should contain the most concise and interesting description of the topic. Therefore, describe the main aspects and what your attitude towards it is.
- Thesis statement Give a brief clearly formulated an answer to a question, which, in fact, lies at the heart of any topic of the work. It is better if you make a few thesis statements, but it’s necessary to use each of them together with arguments. The main body should consist exclusively of the following structure: thesis-argument, thesis-argument, and so on.
- Arguments Not less than two. Arguments are a confirmation of your thesis, so they should be directly related to it. Feel free to add more examples from your own experience.
- Conclusions (4-5 sentences) That is the most important part of the work. In this part of the work should be the result of your reflection. Think about what is the most important meaning and how it can be useful to others.
Make effective use of all recommendations and pieces of advice from our experts who work at research proposal writing service, and prepare a perfect self-reflection writing!